Thursday, September 16, 2010

Compare and Contrast Photos

Photo 1 
Photo 2
The two photos I chose were of my cousin, they were both taken with the black and white setting on my camera and not edited. Also, I had the flash off for both of these photos so I could capture true moments and no one would know that I was taking a photo. Photo 1 I would describe as an everyday point and shoot moment, her pose almost looks rehearsed or as if she had been told to pose that way. Also the background that surrounds her is most distracting (at least to me...). Photo 2 I would describe as a close up (obviously...). This photo has a much different feeling though. I feel like Photo 2 is more intimate almost as though you have caught a glimse of deep thought or an off guard moment. I like Photo two the best because I feel it shows more emotion and feels more candid than Photo 1.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I like your second shot also. It is pretty amazing what zooming in and a slightly different angle will do. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the detail picked up in the second photo. I find this second photo the more intriguing of the two.

    ReplyDelete