Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lighting

I chose more than 3 photos to use as my lighting situations. The top picture of the silhouettes I though was just a cute example of how you can take a picture in a different lighting situation and of people in a different way. The bottom photo in column 1 is a backlit photo with some shading from the bridge. The photos in column two both show a technique of using shadow. The top one is shaded partially by a tree and the bottom one the subject is almost fully in shadow with the light source coming from the side. The third column of photos shows a direct light source, the top one shows the subject sideways from the light source, however the face is fully in the sun. The bottom one was in total sunlight, but looking away from the light source slightly.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! My favorites are the one with subject sitting on the steps and the one where she is front of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you offered more than the basic three lighting situations. I found it interesting to see the subject light in different ways and your different uses of shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    I think these photos are superb... I think the shadowing in the pictures are great. I love the poses.... Girl thing. Nice job.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. I like the top middle picture with the subject sitting on the steps with the river behind her. You also see the reflection of the trees on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture on the bottom middle with the water behind the tree. Nice poses too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete